New Publishing Partners Include Stephen Marley, Dirty Hit Songs, Iboga Records and Natty
(SAN FRANCISCO, CA) The recently launched publishing division of INgrooves Music Group, a leading independent provider of global distribution, marketing and technology services to today’s music community, announced today that just six months after launching the in-house service, they have signed the following artists and labels to global publishing agreements:
- Jamie Oborne’s Dirty Hit Songs, the publishing arm of his successful Dirty Hit Records
- Five-time Grammy-winning artist and superstar producer Stephen Marley who is gearing up for a July release for his new album, “Revelation Part 2: The Fruit of Life”, the follow-up to his 2011 Grammy Winning album
- American Folk-Rock band Jamestown Revival whose EP “Utah” was released on February 11 via INgrooves
- British singer/songwriter Natty whose song “July” was a Top 20 UK hit.
- Leading electronic label Iboga Records
- Electro-latin star Federico Aubele whose new album “Five” topped the world music charts
- British EDM label Lost My Dog
- Electronic producer and remix wiz Sinclair whose extensive credits include Scissor Sisters, Nine Inch Nails and more
- Accomplished songwriters Mark Flaherty and Thomas Zoranski, of the pop duo Better Days, whose songs have been heard on NBC’s Today Show and many other major TV series
“I could not imagine a better start for 2014 than to be joined by such talented artists and executives,” said Olivier Chastan, INgrooves’s Senior Vice President, Music Publishing, Licensing & Rights Solutions. “We hope to become the supportive haven and artistic asylum for songwriters that we imagined when we launched last year in July.”
Jamie Oborne commented: “I’m thrilled to launch my publishing company and extend my existing relationship with INgrooves in the process. Our first signing, Amber Bain, exemplifies our shared vision to support and grow unique and original songwriters & artists.”
Mr. Chastan also announced today the appointment of Mike Locke to the position of Senior Director, Licensing and Business Development at the Company. In this newly created role, Mr. Locke will lead the synch licensing efforts for the publishing division’s growing roster of songwriters and INgrooves’s extensive master catalog. Locke brings over 12 years of experience, first at Warner Music Group, where he created a new business line for Rhino and ADA, signing and representing labels and emerging artists for licensing, then as co-founder of an independent licensing company.
“Mike is not only a veteran of the synch world but also brings with him some A&R experience which will contribute to grow our publishing division at INgrooves,” said Mr. Chastan. “Mike has already secured major synch placements in Super Bowl XLVIII this past February, TV shows such as ‘Nashville’ and ‘Revenge’ and a trailer for the upcoming film ‘St. Vincent de Van Nuys’ starring Bill Murray and Naomi Watts among others.”
INgrooves Music Group launched its publishing division in July of 2013. The new service provides INgrooves clients access to a complete array of music publishing services including direct registration and collection with societies worldwide and a suite of creative services from synchronization to A&R. The music publishing services offered by INgrooves give independent labels and artists complete control, transparency and visibility over their recorded music and publishing copyrights. For more details on INgrooves’s publishing division, visit: www.INgroovesMusicPublishing.com/
ABOUT INGROOVES MUSIC GROUP
INgrooves Music Group is a leader in the independent music distribution and marketing industry. The company is comprised of INgrooves Distribution Services, INresidence Artist Services and INgrooves Music Publishing. All divisions of the company work together to provide independent labels, artists and management with comprehensive and customizable solutions for global distribution, marketing & promotion, sync licensing, music publishing and administrative support to maximize their earnings potential and consumer reach in today’s dynamic music marketplace.
The Company’s proprietary software platform facilitates real-time asset management, and via their Client Console, INgrooves clients have total visibility on the status of their releases and access to monthly retail sales reports & analytics.
For more information, visit: INgrooves.com
INgrooves Media Contact
John Vlautin, Spinlab Communications
Liz Beggs, INgrooves Music Group